The End, Froggie!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

"Princess" Momma


This is my sister. She is one of the happiest very pregnant mothers I have ever known. It's Arizona, it's hot, her two little kids are running every which way, and the air conditioning in her new house could use some work. She is pleasant and positive through it all!

Here's the sweet story I want to share about her. Her daughter, Princess A, had been talking and asking and reminding for a week about making cinnamon rolls. Mom was busy getting the family ready for their trip to Utah. Once in Utah, my sister started searching for a recipe that she and Princess A could make together. She picked an old recipe that My YW leader had taught me more than 2 decades ago, so of course, she asked for my help. We collected all the ingredients and my sister invited Princess A to come and make cinnamon rolls. Unfortunately, we were competing with a trampoline full of Princess A's cousins, and her majesty confessed that she was much more excited about eating cinnamon rolls than making them with her momma.
It was the end of a long day for my very pregnant sister but she figured she would go ahead with the planned baking. We worked together and I made sure she had all the sitting jobs. We adapted the recipe and weathered through some doubts about the yeast.......
and produced two absolutely delicious pans of cinnamon rolls for the hords of Henrichsens to gobble.

Princess A was happy to eat and wave her scepter of gratitude. She has a gracious, good momma whom I really admire!

6 Comments:

  • What a great Princess Momma she is! I know she is way better at taking the heat than I am...what a woman!

    By Blogger B, at 4:02 PM  

  • Beauty, grace, and a smile--all while very pregnant. What a Princess! Wait, she bakes too! I don't think princesses bake. She must be a...a goddess! Whatever she is, I'm looking forward to seeing her in person soon.

    By Blogger Ree, at 12:36 PM  

  • I love that Princess Momma. What a great example she is. I don't think I would have made the cinnamon rolls. Especially since there were several cans of cinnamon roll dough in the fridge.

    By Blogger Taffy, at 3:48 PM  

  • Taffy, I am not as selfless as you think. M bought those rolls ready-made dough when we thought our home made dough was not going to rise (and we were all set on eating cinnamon rolls that night). Gratefully, the rolls turned out, and we enjoyed rolls all week (thanks to M).

    Anyway, thank you Froggie Lee for posting such a nice blog about me. And thanks to everyone for other nice comments. I like to say, "it takes one to know one."

    By Blogger Trick, at 4:24 PM  

  • Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

  • best regards, nice info » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home