The End, Froggie!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Wooo-Hoooo!

School is finally out for the summer! I havn't been this excited since I was actually attending school myself. I am just looking forward to our lives slowing down for a little while.
It's kind of like the feeling you have on a big vacation with lots of places to go and when you are trying to squeeze as much fun and meaningful recreation into a week or a three day weekend. Don't you kind of feel relieved to go home to boring everyday chores?
This last year I was trying to squeeze in a lot of good out of the time the kids were in school. Then, in the afternoons and evenings, when the kids are out of school, they were involved in sports and projects and classes and volunteering, plus homework that often needed some kind of parental support. Well, that's just what life is like at this stage of life and so much of my everyday life is good, but I am ready for the pace to slow down a bit.

I am so relieved that even our beginning-of-the-season heatwave does not have me wilted. Poison Dot has had cub scout day camp for the last three scorching days and nights. Yesterday, I went to camp with him. Amphibians can survive 112 degree conditions if they are wet on the inside and on the outside. I also suggest praying for a good attitude. And a very good spray bottle. From 2:15 -9:45 pm we hopped under the mesquite and palo verde through puddles and waterballoons and sprinklers and hoses to activities that cub scouts love: archery, BB guns, swimming, crafts, games, knightly quests, and, of course, the snack bar.

Poison Dot takes aim.

Squire Mark and Squire Dot.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home