The End, Froggie!

Friday, May 26, 2006

Weekend Fun

It was the annual Fathers and Sons camping trip last Friday so Kaeru Hime (Frog Princess in Japanese) and I had some fun together. We caught a movie (MI3), enjoyed some fried squid and eel and salmon sushi (something we could never do with the boys around,) and spent the rest of the evening with our take-out desserts and Sci-Fi DVD's (Senenity and Dr. Who.)

I am thrilled to say that K.H. has seen past the crude Dr. Who special effects to appreciate the story and suspense of these 28 year-old adventures. I received the "Key of Time" set of episodes for Mother's day and ripped off the celophane last Friday. She's gobbled up the whole set in 3 days while I am waiting to savor them on Saturday afternoons just like in the old days. Remember when we had to rake leaves and do other yardwork with Daddy on Saturday afternoons? My goal was to get my part done by 3:00 so I wouldn't miss a moment of Dr. Who.
I don't know what the new episodes are like but these classic Tom Baker yarns are still so fun to watch.

Here's some pictures of what the boys did with their time together.




Eating food in wrappers, using a hatchet and a cool camp shovel are three of the things that make camping so cool for Dott. Big B and his friend, A-man (in black) are mostly looking forward to paintball fun in the afternoon.










Dott gets some paintball pointers from the Bishop.

They say this was the Bishop's idea. "Hey, you guys line up and I'll run around so you can shoot me!"

Big B is in dark blue halfway down the line.

Big B aims at the Bishop, the tiny black form beyond the fallen logs.





6 Comments:

  • Scott's excitment about using the amphibious name "Poison Dot" was snuffed out when I started posting pictures. He wants no ambiguity about his cute mug.

    By Blogger Froga-lee, at 12:45 AM  

  • LOL about Poison Dot.

    It's funny. As I have been watching the tapes of the new Dr. Who episodes that Daddy-O taped, I have been thinking of that Key to Time series. For some of them, I was thinking that the 28 year old episodes were better. (Specifically the Slitheen episodes.)

    By Blogger Paul, at 1:54 PM  

  • LOL about Poison Dot, too!

    I was not so sure about the new Dr. Who episodes at first, but the stories have gotten better. And I'll want to see them again (except for that first one!) The first season is over, and I do look forward to next season!

    Paul, are the Slitheen's the ones that unzip their foreheads?

    By Blogger B, at 9:05 PM  

  • I don't remember the forehead unzippers!
    If you want I can bring the DVDs to Utah next month.

    By Blogger Froga-lee, at 12:16 AM  

  • That would be fun!

    By Blogger B, at 3:47 PM  

  • Yes the Slitheens were the ones that unzipped their foreheads.

    NOTE: The Slitheen are new bad guys from the current series.

    By Blogger Paul, at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home